eJOE warrants every new eJOE electric bicycle to be free from manufacturer defects in material and/or workmanship for the period of ONE (1) year provided that the product is used in a standard and controlled manner, and maintained according to its owner’s manual.
This warranty is valid in the United States only and applies to the person or entity that originally purchased the product from eJOE or its authorized dealers in the United States (not transferable to a subsequent purchaser). The warranty period commences upon the date of the original purchase. Proof of purchase from an authorized eJOE dealer and photo/video evidence of the defect are required to receive the warranty support.
What is covered by this warranty?
eJOE Bikes warrants every new eJOE product against defects in material and/or workmanship as follows:
Limited ONE (1) Year Components Warranty
eJOE electric bicycle: frame, suspension fork, stem, handlebar, headset, LCD display, seat post, saddle, brake levers, cables, bottom bracket, crankset, pedals, chain, rims, wheel hub, freewheel, cassette, derailleur, calipers, shifter, brake discs/rotors, brake/shifter cables, motor, throttle, controller, wiring harness, kickstand, grips, head and tail lights, rear rack, fenders, reflectors, and hardware;
Limited ONE (1) Year Lithium-Ion Battery Warranty
Lithium-Ion batteries are warranted to be free from manufacturer defects in materials and/or workmanship for ONE (1) year period from the date of original purchase. The battery warranty does not include damage from power surges, use of an improper charger, improper maintenance, misuse, normal wear, or water damage.
Limited 30 Days Full Replacement Warranty
If an eJOE product is not working properly because of a major manufacturer defect within the first 30 days of original purchase, eJOE Bike will repair or replace any defective product at its sole option and expense upon determining whether the damage, failure, or loss is due to a major manufacturer defect. eJOE will first issue replacement parts for a reasonable number of tries (as determined by eJOE). If the product does not function properly after the parts replacement attempts, eJOE will send a full replacement bicycle or scooter upon receipt and inspection of the original product and replacement parts.
eJOE reserves the right to charge 10% of the product price in case the original product is returned in a bad manner, with the insufficient protective material, not in accordance with the instructions provided by eJOE, or shows signs of excessive use, neglect, dirt, dust. A full replacement product will be issued only after such a fee is paid in full.
Limited 7 DAYS Shipping Damages Coverage
eJOE will repair or replace the parts damaged during shipping at its sole option provided that such damage is documented on the bill of lading and reported to the dealer or eJOE within the first 7 days after delivery. It is the customer’s responsibility to inspect the box and the product at the time of delivery, take pictures of any damage and keep all packaging and paperwork until the damage claim process is complete.
What is NOT covered by this warranty?
- eJOE product without presented proof of purchase from an authorized eJOE dealer AND photo/video evidence of the defect;
- eJOE product purchased from an unauthorized eJOE dealer;
- eJOE product with an expired warranty period;
- eJOE product transferred to a subsequent purchaser or owner;
- normal wear and tear (scrapes, scratches, etc.);
- consumables (components that are subject to a short life and periodic replacement due to their functions including, but not limited to tires, tubes, brake pads, spokes, alkaline batteries, saddle covering, paint, mineral oil, and other lubricants);
- assembly or tune-up fees;
- costs associated with inspection, labor, packaging material, shipping of warranted products;
- damage or defects resulting from failure to follow instructions in the owner’s manual, improper assembly, use of incompatible and non-original parts, improper maintenance, storage, and transportation, alterations, modifications, acts of God, accidents, misuse, neglect, abuse, water damage, operator’s error, commercial activities, extreme or excessive riding, and other types of non-standard use;
- damage or defects resulting from an attempted repair unless performed by an authorized eJOE Dealer with eJOE’s knowledge and approval;
- damage or defects caused by flood, lightning, earthquake, war, vandalism, theft, brownouts or sags (damage due to low voltage disturbances).
How to obtain warranty support?
Make sure to have the following available: the original bill of sale with unexpired warranty period (proof of purchase), photo/video evidence of the defective part or product, and main product information (such as model, serial number, battery voltage, motor wattage).
Read the respective manual and FAQs for troubleshooting and repair instructions. If the solution is not found, contact the authorized eJOE Bike dealer (seller) from whom you purchased your product and report an issue. As your number one resource, the dealer shall evaluate the problem, provide instructions for troubleshooting, and make attempts at resolving it.
If the issue is deemed a manufacture defect in materials and/or workmanship, fill out the warranty claim form below. eJOE shall repair or replace parts that are found by eJOE to be defective and covered by the limited warranty.
If within the warranty period, identical materials are unavailable at the time of repair or replacement, eJOE reserves the right to substitute materials of equal or better quality. Replacement products may be new or reconditioned. All products that are replaced will become the property of eJOE and must be returned upon request. Any item repaired or replaced under these terms will be covered by the limited warranty for the remainder of the original warranty period.
Terms of warranty published on https://ejoebike.net/warranty/ are considered current and controlling when a warranty claim is made. In no event shall eJOE Bikes be responsible for any direct, indirect, or consequential damages, including without limitation, damages for personal injury, property damage, or economic losses, whether based on contract, warranty, negligence, or product liability in connection with their products.
eJOE reserves the right to refuse any warranty claim.